Applications now closed
Hours: 24 hours per week
Salary: Living Wage (currently £9.30ph) rising to £10.85ph for full members
How to Apply
For a full job description and more information download Warehouse Worker Job Description (pdf)
Closing Date: Monday 5th October 2020 – 5pm
Interviews: Thursday 15th October
Application by CV and covering letter
Email to: email@example.com
Mail to : Recruitment, Highland Wholefoods, 13 Harbour Road, Inverness, IV1 1SY
Any questions please ask for Craig or Fred.
The Role – Warehouse Worker
Our warehouse workers are involved in all aspects of warehousing, storage & distribution, including receiving goods, loading and unloading deliveries using a forklift and pallet trucks, keeping the warehouse in order, and picking and packing outgoing goods. Duties involve regular repetitive medium and heavy lifting (upto 25kg), working on ladders, and working in an unheated warehouse.
· Loading and unloading deliveries using a forklift and pallet trucks
· Receiving goods inwards, check and inspect goods received ensuring they are of accurate quantity, type and acceptable quality.
· Accurately logging of goods inwards, including error checking.
· Updating our computer based stock management system.
· Dealing with any discrepancies and damaged goods
· Shelving and rotating stock
· Carrying out stock takes, date checking and quality control.
· Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety Regulations
· Keeping the warehouse clean and well maintained
· Picking and packing orders to be despatched to customers, including boxing goods for delivery and palletising.
· To contribute actively as a member of the warehouse team, working towards developing and improving our services and operations.
· To undertake any other reasonable duties consistent with the role as requested.
· Flexibility to cover other positions as required, including providing cover for our delivery driver
· Answering simple queries about our products from customers in the warehouse.
· Duties involve regular repetitive medium and heavy lifting (upto 25kg), working on ladders, and working in an unheated warehouse.
· Trustworthy, punctual and reliable.
· Physically fit because heavy lifting is involved and the warehouse can get cold in the winter.
· Good numeracy and problem solving skills.
· Able to work on own initiative and ‘self-manage’ at times, but also work well as part of a busy warehouse team.
· Friendly and approachable and able to work as part of a team.
· Driving licence.
· Basic computer skills.
· Knowledge of wholefoods
· An awareness of co-operative values and working practices is desirable
· Previous warehouse experience
· Forklift experience